Step by step recipe of Aloo ka Raita |Potato Yogurt Salad with photos.
Summers are time when you want to stay away from kitchen. The heat of stove and lengthy cooking hours could be burdensome. On those days Potato yogurt Salad or Aaloo ka raita can make an easy and complete lunch salad.
A thick Aaloo raita can quench your cravings. Aloo ka Raita |Potato Yogurt Salads for chaat too. The ingredients are really simple and this potato yogurt salad can easily be altered to suit your taste. Do not add chat masala, the roasted cumin and pepper taste is overpowered by chaat masala flavors. Kids also like this aloo raita a lot. Other healthy salad recipes are Kachumbar salad, Cauliflower onion salad, spinach sweet corn salad.
How to make aloo raita | Potato yogurt salad
- ½ kg potato or 3 medium potato boiled
- 150 gram onion or 1 medium onion chopped
- 200 gm tomato or 2 medium tomato chopped
- few stalks coriander chopped (dhanya)
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped (darmiyani hari mirch)
- ½ teaspoon cumin roasted and grounded (bhuna aur kuta zeera)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper grounded (kuti kali mirch)
- 375 gm yogurt or 1 ½ cup yogurt , whipped (dahi)
- Salt to taste
In a large bowl keep all ingredient.
Mix well right before serving.
Boiled channa can also be added. Potato raita cab be served with polao, biryani and other rice dishes.
Step by step recipe of Aloo ka Raita |Potato Yogurt Salad
Boil Potato with salt. Poke knife to check tenderness. When knife slips easily in the middle of potato, they are cooked. Drain water and let the potato get cool naturally. Peel skin and cut potato into large chunks.
Place all ingredients in a bowl. Keep the bowl in fridge or at a cool place. Just before serving mix all ingredients.