Kachumbar Salad also called cucumber salad, is served as a side line with biryani and pulao along with raita. The crunchy, juicy salad is part of South Asian Cuisine, that pairs easily with a variety of dishes.
This recipe is using lemon based dressing but instead of lemon, 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 tsp sugar addition also tastes delicious. The chilled yogurt kachumbar(Kachumbar raita) salad is a refreshing summer salad served with mixed dal and chawal.
How to make Kachumbar Salad
Author: Mariam Sodawater
Recipe time:7 min|Serving: 4-6 Recipe type:salad recipe, vegetarian,vegan ,healthy, low-cal, low-fat recipe|Cuisine: Pakistan, India, Bangladesh
- 2 finely sliced medium sized onions
- 1 chopped medium sized cucumber
- 1 chopped medium sized tomato
- 1 chopped green chili
- 1tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs chopped corriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except salt and pepper.
- Add salt and pepper just before serving, so the salad stays fresh and crunchy.
Step by step recipe of how to make Kachumbar Salad
- You can also serve radish, beetroot, carrot or turnip slices along with this salad.
- You can change porportion of vegetables to your choice.
Like and comment to let us know your opinion and suggestions.Subscribe us to stay updated. Follow us on social media.