This is a delightful treat for coconut and chocolate lovers. Only three ingredients are required that is coconut, condensed milk and chocolate. The recipe is so simple, you just can’t do it wrong. This soft and goey coconut center covered with chocolate is a must try for bounty chocolate fans. If you don’t like coconut than you can try my other truffle recipes like Cocoa truffles (brigadeiro)
How to make goey coconut chocolate truffles.
Author: Mariam Huzaifa
Recipe time:3 hr|Prep time:30 min|No cooking|Recipe type: DIY , Desserts, truffles, Kids snack| Cuisine: world| Serving:28
- 2 cup desiccated coconut (sokha khopra)
- 1 cup condensed milk recipe, or less
- 1 cup bitter sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbs milk, if required
- Take desiccated coconut in a large bowl.
- Mix 1/2 cup condensed milk with coconut.
- Now add condensed milk little by little as much is required to bring coconut together.
- Grease hands and form small balls.
- Place the balls on a greased tray and freeze them for 2 hours.
- After two hours, take chocolate in bowl. Melt it in the microwave with the interval of 10 sec and with stirring in between. If required, add only 1 to 2 tbs milk to thin chocolate.
- Dip each coconut ball in melted chocolate with the help fork and place on the greased tray again.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- When chocolate is dry roll in cocoa powder.
- They are ready to serve. Serve chilled from freezer.
Step by step chocolate coconut truffles with photos.
Add condensed milk,( I used homemade one, check recipe here)
- You can always use chocolate chip instead of chocolate bar to coat the balls.
- You can also shape them into bars to make chocolate bounty bars.