In this pie, we combined the goodness of homemade sandwiches with french pie.The recipe is highly adaptable. You can use stale bread ( although, fresh is recommended) leftover chicken with or without gravy, few vegetable, everyday sauces, white sauce, some cheese and a delicious pie is ready to eat. Specially , when guests are around and you want one quick dish. This is my favorite on those days. So you can adjust this pie to your taste, however I’m giving a complete recipe with fresh ingredients.
My other baked fusion dish is Frozen paratha roll bake
How to make bread pie recipe.
Author: Mariam Huzaifa
Recipe time: 50 min| Prep time: 20 min| Cooking time:30 minutes|Cuisine: World, Bohra fusion recipes|Recipe type: Main course, dinner, Baked recipe | Serving: 4-5
- 400 gm boneless chicken pieces
- 1 tbs green chilli paste
- 1 tbs ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbs oil
- salt to taste
- 4 bread, or more to cover base
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk
- 5 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tbs tomato ketchup
- 3 tbs chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp mustard sauce
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
White sauce with vegetables
- 4 tbs oil or butter
- 5 tbs plain flour
- 2 cup Warm milk
- 1/2 chicken cube or 1 tbs chicken powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano powder
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 jalapeno pepper ( darmiyani hari mirch)
- 2 to 3 tbs chopped fresh coriander
- 1 cup mixed chopped vegetable ( Capsicum, green onions, carrots)
- 1 cup fresh steamed corn or tinned corn
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- mushroom and olives for garnishing
- Heat the oven on 350 F.
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chili paste, salt and oil to the chicken. Cook it until chicken is tender and water dries.
- Cut sides of breads and lightly soak breads in milk and then place in a dish.
- Mix mayonnaise, chili garlic sauce, tomato ketchup, mustard, chili and soy sauce in bowl. Pour the sauce mixture on top of bread layer.
- Add a layer of boneless chicken on sauce.
- To make white sauce, heat oil in a vessel on low flame and add flour. Fry for 10 sec, now add salt, pepper, oregano and chicken cube. Turn off flame and add warm milk. Mix well to form a smooth sauce. Return to cooking and bring white sauce to boil. Turn off heat.
- To hot white sauce add corn, jalapeno pepper and vegetables. Mix well and pour sauce on top of chicken in the dish.
- Cover the white sauce with cheese and olives and mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese melted and dish is bubbling hot.
- Serve hot.
Step by step bread pie with white sauce, chicken and vegetables with photos.
Add ginger , garlic, green chili , oil and salt to chicken , mix well.
Cook for 10-15 minutes on medium low flame until tender and water dries completely.
Cut sides of bread.
Soak each bread in milk, but soak lightly or squeeze extra milk.
Place all in a dish.
In a bowl take all bread crust sauces.
Pour a layer of sauce on the bread and then a layer of chicken.
Fry oil and flour in a fry pan.
Season with oregano, chicken cube, pepper and salt.Mix well and turn off heat.
Add milk and mix very well, until you have a smooth sauce. Turn on heat and bring sauce to boil.
Chop vegetables of your choice. And steam some fresh corns kernels. (steaming of corn not required if using tinned corns).
Add vegetables and corns to hot white sauce.
Add fresh coriander and jalapeno pepper. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Here’s I used mushrooms and olives to garnish but you can use any vegetable.
Cover the dish with shredded cheddar cheese. And bake at 350 F for 15 minutes. The pie should be bubbling hot.